General Statement of Policies and Practices on Personal Data
If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use or access our Website.
We shall fully comply with our obligations under the PDPA.
Personal Data Collected or Received
We collect the following Personal Data:-
- when you register to use the Services, purchase our Products, or become a Seiko Boutique Online (Malaysia) Member, we collect your Registration Details, like name, mobile number, email address, physical address, gender and birth month;
- we also collect the Personal Data you may volunteer in response to surveys or questionnaires we may conduct;
- activate and use the services of our Business Partners; and
- at any time you update your Personal Data with us.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
Your Personal Data is collected for the following purposes:-
- provision, facilitation and improvement of our Services to you, including, for billing and payments, for identification and authentication purposes, measuring consumer interest in our Products and Services, informing you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates, customizing your shopping experience;
- carrying out your instructions or responding to your enquiries, requests and complaints;
- forming part of our customer data base necessary for the operations carried on by us and our Affiliates;
- general research, aggregate reporting; research and analysis for marketing and promotional purposes;
- transferring, disclosing or sharing your Personal Data to/with our Affiliates and Business Partners within Malaysia for the purposes of carrying out (a) to (d) above in this section;
- to allow our Business Partners or person or body corporate with whom our Business Partners enter into arrangements with to carry out the purposes set out in (a) to (e) in this section;
- any purposes related to and/or for the furtherance of (a) to (f) above in this section; and
- direct marketing purposes carried out in relation to our Stores, Thong SiaSdn Bhd, at this Website, and such other e-commerce platforms and social media channels managed by us and/or our Affiliates.
At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple user IDs or aliases.
We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
These uses improve this Website and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience.
Without your consent, we shall not use your Personal Data for purposes other than those specified above and we will not sell your Personal Data to any person or company.
We will take all practicable steps to ensure that Personal Data collected is accurate. Please endeavor to provide us with accurate Personal Data when you register and where there are any changes to your Personal Data, please inform us as soon as possible.
Personal Data Sharing, Transfer and Disclosure
Your Personal Data may be collected, processed and stored within and outside of Malaysia. Where sharing, transfer or disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the Personal Data was collected, we may provide your Personal Data to the following parties:
- we may disclose, transfer and/ or share your Personal Data with our Affiliates and/or Business Partners; and/or
- any person or persons pursuant to any statute or as required by any court of law in Malaysia, provided such person or persons are able to prove the required right/authority to access such information; but
- we will not sell your Personal Data to any person or company; and
- we will not share, transfer and/ or disclose your Personal Data to/with any person or company (except our Affiliates and/or Business Partners) for direct marketing purposes unless you have consented to do so.
Access and Correction
Subject to provisions of the PDPA:
- You may check whether we hold any of your Personal Data and, if so, may request access (i) by sending an email to our Data Protection Officer email@example.com; or (ii) by post to Thong Sia Sdn Bhd, Suite 2601-04, Level 26, Wisma Chuang, No. 34, Jalan Sultan Ismail 50250 KL Malaysia (Attention: Data Protection Officer);
- corrections (i) by sending an email to our Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org; or (ii) by calling our hotline at (603) 2141 5163. We may record your conversation with us for good record keeping purposes.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or permitting corrections to your Personal Data. We will endeavor to respond to any request for access or correction, if not refused by us, as soon as practicable upon our receipt of your written request. In the event we are not able to comply with your request to access the Personal Data, we will notify you in writing the reasons for such refusal as soon as practicable upon our receipt of your written request.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
However, while we strive to use reasonable commercial endeavors to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use but at the same time, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
We therefore encourage you to set strong passwords for your account. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and computer secure by signing out after using our Services.
Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the original or the directly related purposes for which it was collected, unless this is contrary to any applicable laws.
Statement of Policies and Practices on Direct Marketing
Thong Sia Sdn Bhd intends to use and may share, disclose or transfer your Personal Data with/to our Affiliates and/or Business Partners, your name, email address, mobile number, physical address and gender, and/or birth month for direct marketing purposes as described below:
- To enable Thong Sia Sdn Bhd, and our Affiliates to notify you about promotions and marketing activities relating to products ,services and other lifestyle accessories available for sale at our Stores, at this Website and/or other e-commerce platforms and social media channels managed by us, our Affiliates and/or Business Partners; and
- To enable Thong Sia Sdn Bhd and our Affiliates to notify you about cross promotions and marketing activities relating to the following types of products and services offered by our Business Partners:
Fashion, Footwear, Apparel & Accessories
Travel, Transport, Arts & Entertainment
Digital & Electronics
Hospitality, Food & Beverage
Health, Fashion, Beauty & Accessories
Home & Office
Sports, Toys & Games
In future, if you do not wish to continue receiving our newsletters, marketing and promotional materials for direct marketing purposes, please either send an email to Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or call our hotline at (603) 2141 5163 to notify us accordingly. We may record your conversation with us for good record keeping purposes. Our customer database will be updated accordingly at no charge to you.